booked.net

Sheikh Najjar Industrial city

Area:

• Sheikh Najjar has a gross area of 4,412 hectares (44.1 million square meters).
• 45.0 percent of its area is industrial land;
• 19.2 percent are housing
• 7.2 percent are infrastructure.
• 28.6 percent are for green area, commercial, administrative and other uses.

Zone 1

• It is planned for light and non-polluting industry
• It occupies 393 hectares of the industrial land
• It has 2,216 plots
• Plot sizes vary between 450 and 600 m2
• The zone is served with all utilities including roads, water, electricity, sewerage and telecom.
• 60 percent of the land has been sold.

Zone 2

• It is planned for medium sized industry and includes separate sections for polluting and nonpolluting firms
• It occupies 579 hectares of the industrial land
• It has 3071 plots
• Plot sizes include 1,000, 2,000 and 4,000 m2
• The zone is fully served, and has a separate sewer system for polluting and non-polluting nonindustrial waste
• 90-95 percent of the land has been sold

Zone 3

• It is planned for Heavy Industry
• It occupies 1,012 hectares of the industrial land
• It has 681 plots • Plot sizes include 6-8,000m2 , 12,000m2 and 15,000m2
• The zone has full infrastructure service
• 50 percent of the land has been

Industry types:

• Textiles industry is planned to have 37 percent of the industrial land
• Engineering industry is planned to have 30 percent of the industrial land
• Chemical industry is planned to have 20 percent of the industrial land
• Agro-food industry is planned to have 13 percent of the industrial land
• A small amount of land has been planned for service industry Services
• Administration Center with the municipality administration one-stop-shop
• A technology incubator
• a conference and symposium hall
• Hotel
• Stock exchange
• Fire and police stations
• Media and Exhibition City
• Warehousing services
• 30 service centers each equipped with a shopping center to provide food and commercial services, a fire station and a clinic.
• Green areas (25 percent of the total land)
• A train station is planned to be linked to existing tracks either at some 7km distance serving Jabrin Industrial Zone or at some 4km distance serving Muselmia Free Zone
• most trucking firms will be relocated to Industrial City Progress till June 2009
• 413 industrial firms were operating and an additional 1,129 were under construction
• Management has sold land to 2,619 investors • about 60 percent of all land has been sold, leaving only 40 percent unsold (mostly in Zone 3)
• The price of land has been raised to 2,000 SYP per m2.
• Total investment put in place have reached US$ 2 billion. Of this $220 million was FDI, and $212 million was government’s cost of infrastructure works and administrative buildings