Hasia'a Industrial city
The industrial city is located to the south southern of Homs city, approximately 47km away of it.
The city enjoys an excellent location in the central of Syria and has direct access to the domestic regional and international roads, where it is 110 km away from Damascus the Syrian capital, around 300km from the borders with Turkey, 850km from Baghdad, 350km from the Jordanian capital of Amman, 150km from the in Damascus International Airport and 100 kilometers away from the coastline of Syria
The gross area of the city and the land distribution:
The city has a total area of / 2500 / ha, including:
- / 1210 / ha for industrial divisions
- / 75 / ha for the Management & Trade Centers
- / 222 / ha for the trades & occupations
- / 390 / ha of green areas, including the Green Belt to the main roads
- / 430 / ha for the workers and labors accommodations
- / 137 / ha for the main roads
- / 36 / ha for the play grounds
- Industrial divisions:
The city contains / 1427 / industrial divisions distributed as follows:
• / 561 / divisions with / 500-1800 / m² area.
• / 243 / divisions with / 1801-4800 / m² area.
• / 623 / divisions with / 4801-9600 / m² area.
Distribution of industrial divisions in the city has been done taking into account the environmental impact requirements.
- Estimated costs:
The estimated gross cost for the city were /7.5/ billion Syrian pounds and implemented were on three stages ending in 2025.
- Subsidies provided by the State:
The total cumulative value of the State subsidies amounted to SYP1.490 billion upto the year 2006, in addition to financing the power transfer stations under a loan granted from the Arab Economic and Social Development Fund, with a total amount of / 2 / million Kuwaiti dinars and other benefits provided in the coming years when needed.
- Sources of Water:
Drinking & Industrial water in the industrial city of Hasya is from the area' wells which were dug by the management of the Industrial City.
- Climatic characteristics:
The soil in the industrial city is considered to be from limestone rock with hard surface type, noting that the deeper layers of 1.2 m under the natural land level is of agricultural soils layer – then small stones with some of the soft materials.
- Temperatures range from (6°) in January, (7°) in February and reaches to (34°) in June and July.
- The average relative humidity (60%) and reaches its ultimate in January to be (75%).
Studies, implementation, and the cumulative expenditure:Preparation for studies began at the beginning of 1998 and implementations were started at the beginning of 2001
The total value of the cumulative expenditure up to mid-2006 has reached approximately 1.814 billion Syrian pounds.
The completion of infrastructure (roads - water - electricity - sewage - phones - gardens) for the first stage encompassed an area of 831 hectares. The second stage’s area was 831 hectares, in addition to the services, buildings (phone departments – fire stations - clinics – police station – One Stop Shop – Management), also government banks’ buildings (such as The Commercial - Industrial – Real estate and the Insurance Banks) began to be set up at the beginning of 2007.